Originally Posted by dssaa
Looking at a 70 Roadrunner post car. We are thinking about a Superbird clone, but weren't all Superbirds Coupes? Never seen a post one. Is it possible to convert a post car to a coupe? How would I do it? If I am builiding a Bird, I want to do it so it looks as accurate as possible. Any insights would help.
Thanks
Dave in Colorado

I've done this swap twice over the decades, seeing that you've source a few rusty hardtops, let them be the donor car for the parts you'll need, post side glass has to go, you'll need all the donor door internals/glass/guide frames/vent windows/etc as well....all the structure/braces/glass/etc from the quarter window, the roof channel moulding to hold the glass/roof seal from the hardtop, plus you'll need to cut/trim the upper portion of the rear door jamb so the qtr rubber seal and rear qtr glass can wind down, there a few other tid bits you'll need, so best to have a donor....stick with 69-70 donors, the 68 is slightly different in regards to glass window vertical seals/glass, guides in the doors and qtrs/ regulator mounting holes/etc...not worth the hassle dealing with a 68 model yea only

MikeG