Quality must have gone down in recent years. From July of 2012 until March of 2023, my company vehicle was a 2012 Silverado 1500 extended cab 4WD. 5.3 LS with 6 speed automatic. Cheap fleet truck with AC, cruise, good radio and hand crank windows. I got the good out of it but never abused it. The only trouble it ever gave, that left me stranded was when the company decided they needed to add GPS trackers to all vehicles. eyes I was coming from Robbinsville, NC to Franklin, NC on Hwy 28. Very curvy road like the Tail of The Dragon. That stupid GPS nanny box was pulling so much info from the ECM it burnt it up. Truck was towed to the Chevy dealer in Franklin. He quizzed me as to any work done on it recently at the Dook Energy garage and I told him about the GPS nanny box. He said he'd let the Tech working on it know to check there first. He told me the local NAPA and O'Reilly's had installed nanny boxes in their trucks and in about a month, it burnt up the ECM. The Tech found that to be the problem and left it unhooked. The service manager made a notation on the repair receipt that GM would not warranty parts or labor if the GPS tracker was hooked back up. My boss got all butt hurt about it, but it remained unhooked until I retired on 4-1-23. Truck got retired same day as me, but would have been trouble free had it not been for the nanny box. It had 130K miles on it.