SilverSport has an offset shifter for you application that will bring it up into the stock location 100%. My buddy has done this on my old car which is now his , a 66 440 based Satellite. Now with any TKX installation the trans does sit about 3/4" or 1" lower at rear but they call that within spec. you have to check your driveline angle before and after and adjust if needed. Would I have wanted it 100% the same as factory 100% yes but unless you cut into the torsion bar crossmember that willnot happen and I've had long conversations with them about this. They stand by that it is a bolt in which it is and once you make sure pinion angle is correct afterwards or maybe correct term is driveline angle and you measure for driveshaft to the way they need you to you will be fine and they are right about that and many are out there banging gears including mine with the shifter at the rear mount position with a real funky looking adapter plate for my 72 B-body bucket seat console application.

From what I understand there is also American Powertrain you can check with also but Silver Sport was very complete and good to me so that's who I would recommend.
Ron