Before I bought my car.

I had made an offer on a 67 GTX at one of these big dealers in Texas. The car had been advertised off and on for nearly a year. ( red with white inter, 440 auto and working AC ) I had offered $32k on an $37k asking. rep seemed confident he could get it done.
( on a side note. the same GTX popped back up on a facebook sales page last year for $38, And I thought about it hard )

The salesman I talked to, Told me the car was a consignment piece. But said he would present the offer to the owner. And asked to give him a few days to try and get it done. But in the meantime, my Satellite came into the picture and even though I had to up my budget. I bought it instead. Talking the CFO into letting me up said budget took some creative finagling btw

My offer on said GTX was turned down after waiting over a week for the reply anyway. But by then, I was already going after the Satellite anyway.

There is a red with red inter 67 GTX at the Auto Mall in PA. A friend of mine made a fair offer on. And was promptly turned down.

He offered $50k on a $67K asking. And NO WAY will this car pull asking $$ https://www.classicautomall.com/vehicles/5927/1967-plymouth-gtx-hardtop