Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Dart 500
The EPA just released its ratings for the 2025 Ram 1500, and there are some big surprises. Contrary to expectations, the High-Output Inline Six gets worse fuel economy than the outgoing 5.7-liter naturally aspirated Hemi V8. Similarly, the Standard-Output variant of the 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged inline-six Hurricane engine only surpasses its predecessor on the highway. And the V6 is still the most miserly of the group. However, there are silver linings to these findings.

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/03/the-2025-ram-1500-inline-six-mpgs-are-a-mixed-bag/

Comparing the HO Hurricane against the pedestrian Hemi is not really applicable. I mean, seriously, it takes fuel to make HP so one would expect a higher HP engine to get worse mileage, all else being equal. Be more equal if they compared it to a Hemi with similar HP. I mean 540hp vs 395 hp and the HO Hurricane is only available in the 4wd trucks, bet those Hemi numbers aren't in 4wd configuration.

I believe Mark Twain said, figures don't lie, but liars figure.

Even the 420hp standard one gets worse mileage except when going down the highway off the boost. They could have easily got the 5.7 hemi to 420hp.

HotRod I also had a 392 hemi, it would get 28mpg in 4cyl mode and even climb hills like that (was a 3.2L 4 cyl afterall)