Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Neil
Have not myself, but know a couple people who have been there. This is what I recall them telling me years ago:

Sun on the salt is super intense so you'll need a good hat, sunscreen, and shades.

Supposedly the cars are raced pretty far from spectator's viewpoint so may want to bring some binoculars?

Longer downtime between runs to clear the lengthy course so don't expect cars to go down at the same rate as what you would see at a dragstrip.

Don't drive a good older car on the salt unless you plan to thoroughly clean every nook and cranny of it later. By later they mean asap.

Don't stray from the designated drive zones. People have been known to do stupid stuff and get stuck in softer parts of it that have moisture under it.

This one jumps out at me that maybe get a rental in town and leave your own vehicle at the motel?

Within a few hundred mile radius of Bonneville, rental car companies will have you sign saying you will not drive on the salt flats & you will get a big cleaning bill if they find you did drive on the salt.

1967 Barracuda Formula S 383
1967 Chevy C10 Short Stepper
1980 Macho Power Wagon LWB 318
2021 Toyota Supra