Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Come to think of it...on the single shaft SR set-up I put the installed height on the 1225's with a 405 retainer closer to 1.97 with a .06 locater. Mapping out the sweep for .740net, it helped moving the shafts up. I had new sleeves (which adapted the shafts from the .750 fulcrum to the standard Mopar pedestal) made that used an offset hole. This raised the shaft some which also increased rocker clearance. The TD rockers I had had an undercut for spring clearance which compromises the service life of the rocker. That's one reason I erred on the light side for open pressure.

The sweep on my heads the way they are set up has always been perfect. Thank god I never had to go through all that. After what simple cam and spring height change has turned into I don't want any part of that.

I might race Mopars, but I have always said I would be way ahead of the game and closer to retirement if I stayed with a BBC all these years. I originally was a GM guy. whistling

Walmart probably has all the parts in stock today to get my spring height corrected. :laugh2

Originally Posted by 71Demon528
Your car is fast and consistent. I’d leave it alone. Lol

Thanks 71. As is your car too!

I have always wanted to swap the cam out as this old cam is from way back in the day when I was footbraking running gas. It works, but you know how it is when you are running something that you are pretty sure is holding you back.

If I cant come up with a plan this week it will get cleaned up and put back in.

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174