Originally Posted by LA360
The titanium intake valve will be easier on the valve train in a combination like that. 0.030" deflection isn't that uncommon in a set up like that. Others can be worse. There is a reason that all the high RPM stuff has one piece rocker bars with multiple anchor points, 1/2"+ diameter pushrods etc.

Who is doing the updates to the heads for you Greg?
I have not chosen a shop, although there are two good race shops within ten miles of my house, both of which i have done business with. At this point i am gathering info.
I suspect the best my car will run will be about 8.40, so upgrading to a 7.50 cert would add enough weight to push me back to 8.50, so it only makes sense to bring the shift points down some and shoot for 8.50 till next fall. I won't do anything to the heads till i can re dyno it. And i may also up the cubic inch to match the converter, which stalls 6200 now at 549 cubes. I have a crank and rods ready to go to 580 inchs. I figure i may make a wholesale move if i mess with it, and put in 4.30 gears that i have on the shelf as well . I could shift at 7200 with the added cubes and gears, and never go above about 7400 rpm .

Last edited by gregsdart; 03/04/24 09:25 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky