i live in Milwaukee Wisconsin area. so i usually do need a snow blower about 5 times a year. used it 1 time this year..
for the last 15 years when i store my snow blower i do only 1 thing to it for storage.
i installed a shut off valve for the gas. i turn off the gas to the carb and then start it. run it until it dies so there is no gas in the carb. i leave the gas in the tank, it's usually about 1/2-3/4 full. . put a cover over it and don't touch it until next year.
new year about the end of October. i check the tires to see if they are up to pressure. top off the tank with fresh gas. turn on the valve to the carb and start it.
i have a craftsman blower with a 9hp motor with what they call power steering. it's about 20yo. still on original tires. i did change the belts at about the 10 year mark of my ownership. still worked just fine. i also changed the friction drive wheels that power the wheels. they were starting to slip.
i also make sure i have extra shear pins, 1/4"X 1" regular bolts with nylock nuts, for the augers that turn the snow into the blower part. i usually break 1 or 2 a year.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 02/17/24 07:32 PM.

perception is 90% of reality