Originally Posted by Andrewh
if you are talking about the veterans home north of tyler I think I would consider bonham, north of dallas as well.
from a practical stand point it is closer to dfw for any major medical, but still kind of in the far away from the city type of feel.
tyler isn't really a big city, and is kind of a pass through place on the way to shreveport.

No we are nowhere near that old. But are disabled vets and Texas has a lot of benefits for them. I am also a native born Texan and there are a few more for that sector as well. My wife still works but looking at slowing that down some. She is 55 I am 59, so lots left I just don't work for anyone else anymore.

Having been here in the destiantion city of Vegas for the most part a pass through sounds pretty good to me. We moved to Rural Ohio in 2020 to "retire" looking for a change of lifestyle. We had to come back here to take care of her father who has since passed. So we are looking at options. Having lived in the SF bay area, and DC, among other metro areas we are not looking for that.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"