That was the first year I went. 16 years old. My dad and I drove out in his brand new turbo caravan. I was on the hunt for parts for my first car, a farm rescued 69 Super Bee. Red,scoops 383 4 speed black bench car with no engine. I wanted to clone it into a six pack lift off hood car. So the first thing I bought was a real deal 69 aluminum six pack intake, think I paid $150! Bought a tach dash for my 70 340 swinger for $10! Good times. First fuel car I seen in person. I think Eddie Hill made a couple passes. Guys in the swap meet drunk fighting and screaming, seen a broken shaker hood bubble trying to be sold I think by the guy that was always shirtless in cut off jean shorts and army boots. Larry Sheppard selling out of the back of an old U Haul truck with a max wedge engine on a run stand open pipes lit up every ten minutes or so. At this point in my 16 year life this place was frikkin awesome! Still have the shirt somewhere! I have missed a few but I go every year now. More mellow crowd nowadays.