Before I ordered my '69 Road Runner I was really wanting a '69 Dodge Dart GTS with a big block 383 and for sure have told the story too many times here of how I ended up with the '69 RR. The GTS would also have been in F5 Green with a black (bucket) interior with a 727 TorqueFlite, console and 3.91 SureGrip. No vinyl roof, A01 light package, no power steering or brakes. Reading a magazine test on the 383 GTS I see a sidebar story on the possibility of the 440 being dropped into the GTS by Dodge (after Dodge seeing Mr. Norm pulling that one off with the '68 GSS) so I head to the local Dodge dealer for a 383 GTS brochure and while there ask about the GTS (M-Code) 440 and immediately get LAUGHED out of the place. Go home and my mom knows something is wrong and then points out that having 3-brothers and 3-sisters it would not be right for me to order a COMPACT CAR. Funny how a Dart was a compact car then and now it's bigger than just about any current full-sized car or SUV today. laugh2 My how times have changed. wink