Originally Posted by AndyF
First picture is a box ram intake for a Pontiac engine. Going on a 455 I believe but I'm not sure. The customer has a bunch of Pontiac engines. 421, 428, 455, etc.
Second picture is a set of Pontiac racing heads that were made to fit a SB Chevy block. I only have a vague memory of these things. I think they cast them in the 90's and they were an over the counter thing. Probably some sort of rules deal. Might have been so they could run a more aerodynamic body in a certain class or something? These are good heads. Back in the day they made well over 700 when run on a high compression 410 to 420 inch short block. They were mostly used in circle track racing but I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them made it to the drags.

If you want to see some really cool 90's tech than you should check out the Buick heads for a SB chevy block. Same deal as the Pontiac, for circle track racing. The Buick head is a symmetrical port head that was a copy of the Stage 2 V6 head and adapted to the SB block. I think the heads are also known as the Dart/Buick head.

https://www.teambuick.com/reference/library/hybrid_head.php
AG.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.