Poorboy -

You’re right about car shows. People are very good at finding all the incorrect parts…my 67 Belvedere II had a 383 instead of a 318 and people picked part every little incorrect detail at the few mopar shows I entered. It’s kind of fun for attendees to test their knowledge. I had a real roadrunner and it was a wonderful car, but I realized the enjoyment for me comes from driving it to cruise-ins, hot rodding backroads on a sunny day, and entering open shows like the Rod Run to the End of the World in Ocean Park, Wa.

I’ve mentioned before that I built the car I wanted when I was in my late twenties, by the time it was functional it did t really suit my needs anymore. I would like more creature comforts, a better heater, decent brakes, more cruising friendly gear ratios, etc. In that vein I realized that because of the age of these cars and the availability of parts the difference between a tribute and a real one after a rotisserie restoration with new sheet metal, paint, glass, interior, etc is not as great as it was when they were newer. Any car needing that level of restoration is basically a new car. I totally appreciate a correct restoration of a real car, don’t get me wrong, but for a cruiser hot rod I think a modified lesser model makes sense.

Topside -

The side scoops and spoiler (is that from a modern challenger?) are not my cup of tea either. If I did purchase this car that would be my customization…remove that stuff. I really like the color, oddly enough. It’s unique and cool.

What other non R/T modifications can you see? If it was a Superbee it would have a C stripe correct?