I saw this at Copart today. I posted it for a couple of reasons. First, I thought it was interesting. And second, it is a good example of the many, many nuances around 'salvage' vehicles. There is absolutely no one-size-fits-all when it comes to salvage title designations. This truck has about 300 miles. Still has the dealership inventory tag on it and the dealer info in the glove box. It appears to have never been titled. Other than the damage in the photo, the truck is immaculate. It starts right up and runs and drives. The damage is clearly well below any salvage thresh hold requirements. Whether it was a test drive gone wrong or a theft, I don't know. But it is obvious that the damage in and of itself was NOT the reason for the salvage designation. It likely had more to do with some potential down stream liabilities.

Anybody care to guess what the final gavel price will be when this one comes up? It will probably be awhile since it just landed at Copart So. Ill. It apparently came from a Springfield TN. dealership.

[Linked Image]

Master, again and still