Originally Posted by That AMC Guy
Originally Posted by tallzag
No records after 1967, before is of course available.

I've been told post-'67 they do still have the punch cards; or a surprising amount of them, anyway.
The problem is; there is no longer a functional system to use those punch cards in.

From what I've been told, the information on the punch cards was used to print the build sheet, among other things, probably even process the build order. . I'm sure it could collate many things.

If someone could locate the program used, build a functional system for reading the cards, and then have some new tractor-paper blank build sheets made.... there's a possibility of re-printing new build sheets.

But that's an awful lot of work.

I have items from the original selling dealer, that sold my Plymouth brand new.
Such as: the sales invoice, the window sticker, the owners manual. Along with the Broadcast sheet,
And the original title in the first owners name. After I bought my car, I tried to research the dealer, but found it had closed down a few decades ago. Although the same family is doing business as a local trucking company. I asked them if they kept any paperwork at all or
any dealer related paraphernalia...they said it was all dumped when the dealer closed up.
But anyway...as far as the punch cards are concerned. My father's job at Chrysler, was to generate and process the IBM
TAB cards, as an IBM computer operator, in his department. He did that job for over 23 years.... (starting in 1963)
Before his untimely death, at 49. In the years before he died, he was promoted to shift supervisor of his department.

Plymouth Makes It!