Obtained this Florida 1995 Dodge Dakota 318 Sport back in January. Goal was to mini tub for a Pro Street/ Hot Street look. Stock 318 will remain for now but it runs near flawlessly. I installed an 8.75 I purchased from Blumsbi here on Moparts (thanks buddy!). I then had it narrowed by nearly 10". I relocated the leaf springs under the frame rails to make maximum room for tires. I had those leaf springs de arched by 4.5". The rear tires are Hoosier Pro Street radials size 29x15.5x15 on Draglite 15X12 wheels with 5.5" BS. Converted front to 5 lug hubs and installed 15x4 draglites with MT Sportsman SR 27" tall 6" radial front runners. I do have Bell Tech 2" lowering spindles for the front but will hold off for now on installing them. I've been doing this project while suffering with my effed up back. Work is slow. The only engine things I will do are reseal the intake plenum plate- clean and paint the engine and bay. I have early Magnum exh manifolds and I will add those with true dual exhaust using Walker turbo mufflers. I will not reuse the catalytic converter. I will eventually buff out the worn out paint. The scoop is a steel chevy cowl style from AMD. It is bolted on with stainless fasteners. I like the more raw race car look of the scoop mounted this way. Plus I sure as heck am not gonna weld and blend it in. I went with the 8.75 rear end to be ready if I ever do a powerful engine. The 8.75 has 4:30 gears. OUCH. But with the current stock OD transmission in the Dakota I hope it will be tolerable- but again there will be no highway vacation trips with this truck. If I do another engine it will be a 360 magnum with forged pistons and a mild cam. Then a 125 shot of Nitrous but thats all a low priority. Ill be happy just to have a reliable -always starts vehicle that drives great and looks pretty good. I have a new chrome front bumper and will replace all the plastic -grill and bezels up front. Eventually I may paint it myself. I like red. But for now it should be reliable. A 18 second vehicle that looks like an 11 second vehicle.

resisze Dak passenger.jpgresized Dak driver side.jpg
Last edited by 2boltmain; 12/12/23 12:51 PM.

Keep old mopars alive.