As I have mentioned before, i have seen more Concours platinum 99.5 out of 100 💩boxes be towed in after just coming off the transporter than i can remember or count. Several had the awards, plaques and trophies in the car or trunk.
one that come to mind was a 69 Shelby GT 500KR. oil leak at the LR corner of the valve cover, might have had something to do with the corner of the of the Cyl head being remade out of some kind of sealant, Then there was the noisy R/E. Once apart, appeared to has been with the titanic, Won't mention the butchered up wiring or somewhat functioning electrical items or lack of brakes. The real kicker was once the car was thought to be safe to be driven, a short trip ( ~6 blocks) revealed a horrendous vibration. had the driveshaft checked, bent of course but not enough to cause the severity of the vibration. Out comes the 4 spd, dismantling revealed what appeared to be a bunch of cast off parts that were re used. The source of the vibration????
The output shaft had been welded back together eek NO KIDDING. and it was far from straight. so after about 40K the car was drivable. BTW it was also LOADED with bondo
But it was 'PURTY" and had all those approvals from experienced judges that likely weren't even born when the car was new

Hey you asked wink beer

Almost forgot about documented 409 425 64 Impala, D/A seller included the actual build sheet with all the other doc's ( forged?) Build sheet decoded to a 282 2 barrel powerglide car. that's the short version whistling