Quote:

I have a '38 2dr sedan that I have been thinking about building into a 50's style rod

ps .. they did not have Dakotas in the 50's

Notice what I said in the original post.... "I'm not really going for a period correct looking car, so I plan on running a modern drivetrain."

The only reason I wanted to swap frames is mostly for the fact that it is quick, easy, and once complete, it will be ride well and easy to find parts if I had to replace anything. But that is pretty much the same if I swapped over to a Mirada/MustangII front end. I have also heard that it's kind of a pain dealing with the original X-frame when it comes to exhaust etc. Plus, more than likely, I will need to box the frame throughout most of the length.

I haven't completely made up my mind yeat. Still weighing the options right now. It will be a while before I get started on this car... too many other project right now.

I played around on photoshop.... hmmm... I sectioned the body and chopped the top. I also lower the car. Here's a before and after. I very seriously doubt that I will take it that far... but it's fun to imagine.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Satellite (Un-Restored "Survivor")
1969 Dodge Charger (W.B. General Lee)
1969 Dodge Charger (Future DMCL Clone)
1969 Dodge Super Bee, 383 4spd