Originally Posted by 2boltmain
From what I read, even IF diesel fuel was the same price as gasoline or cheaper- the modern diesel engine is so expensive, complex- repair and maint heavy ( unreliable) that many see- despite the bad fuel mileage of gasoline- running gas engine trucks is cheaper and less liability than keeping the modern diesel engine running.

I can put another entire 6.4 hemi in my 3/4 ton for just the price of injectors in a modern diesel and we do turbos and other ginormous repair bills on diesels all the time also. With my simple formula for a 6.4 build they tow awesome and get great MPG for a big gas engine. They get heat working faster in the winter, start easier, less fuel filters, much cheaper oil changes, less fumes, less weight makes ball joints and other stuff last longer... I can't even come close to justifying the much greater expense of a diesel. I got no EGR to clog up or delete and no DEF to fart around with.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!