Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Generally speaking, NOS parts from that era are going to outlast the chinese junk in the market now. Yes, there were production failures as always but NOS stuff in general is much better. My last issue with aftermarket was a headlight switch. Almost caught my car on fire. I sprang for a NOS one and not only has it lasted years but the dimmer is so smooth versus aftermarket one that was like grinding pebbles. Before that was 11" brake drums from Raybestos that were only $25 each but absolutely unusable and I wasn't going to spend the money on shipping to return to Rockauto. I sprung for NOS and five years later all is well.

You assume it's made in China.

Comes with a 3yr/36000mi warranty. NOS? nothing. If you bother to look up the part on Standard's website they even have a video showing you how to rekey it.

I'd gamble the $9 for the Standard part.

https://www.standardbrand.com/en/ecatalog?part=US-99L%20-%20Ignition%20Lock%20Cylinder&type=p
No I didn't "bother" to look it up. I am not in the market for one and my statements were general as far as nos and aftermarket. I didn't run statistics. Warranty practically meaningless to me. If you "bothered" to read my earlier post regarding difficult jobs not worth having to repeat. Also, I mentioned nothing about rekeying. I wish I knew everything like you (think you do). Don't ever miss a chance to jump on someone!

If you notice, TJP took an oppurtunity to educate me a bit on the subject, which I appreciated. You're just a condescending poster. You should just ignore me as I'm going to do with you now.

Facts are stubborn things.