I see these restomods all the time and I try to take each one for what it IS, rather than what it WAS. I do wish they would start with a Dynacorn body or something. I really don't get it when they start with an actual car, usually a rust free one, then brag how they totally hand-formed every piece, built a custom chassis, etc. But, it's their car so it's their choice.

I saw this Challenger in person at SEMA and had no idea it was Kevin Hart's car at first. I think the paint and body were pretty much perfect. I also really liked the interior. I do prefer the factory interiors, even if they are cheap and plasticky. But this interior looked functional, comfortable and really attractive to me.

There was also the Aussie built, green '70 'Cuda. I preferred the exterior of the 'Cuda, but that could be because I prefer 'Cudas over Challengers. But the Challenger interior was way better looking to me.

Then there was the Ring Brothers' '69 Charger. The Ring Brothers are known for some of the most over-the-top customs in my opinion. But I think they realized that the second gen Charger is basically automotive perfection so rather than go nuts, they kept it pretty stock...ish. I didn't care for the '69 Trans Am looking scoops on the fenders and I think a Charger needs the scallops on the doors and hood, but they deleted them. Other than that, the interior was custom, but still looked like a stock '69 Charger interior. I think the Charger was my favorite build of these 3. And if it had been a '68 Charger, it almost definitely would've been my favorite!

My preference is definitely stock Mopars, but I do like some restomod Mopars and I can definitely appreciate the fabrication.

I like stock, modifieds, restomods, Day 2, Barn Finds, Trailer Queens, drivers, patina, clones, OE restos, over restored, Survivors, rat rods, junk, parts cars, project cars, new cars, FWD cars, turbo cars...I LIKE CARS!!! blah

Ed B