First, thank you so much to Tony Stewart, Leah Pruett, Matt Hagan ,and David Hagan for arranging to have our Angie Smith Racing flown home on their private jet. She's already home and resting comfortably.

Second, if anyone is sticking back this weekend running the St. Louis divisional and can go check on Angie's bike, we'd greatly appreciate it...if we can figure out where it's actually located.

Just to let everyone know, NHRA confiscated Angie's bike after the wreck as they do with all racecars/bikes after accidents. Since then, we've been told three different times per the NHRA tech department that we've done everything they've asked for... including pulling data out of the bike and getting release papers from the hospital. We were happy to do all of this and we were told the bike would be released back to us and they still have yet to release the bike back to us.

Now, we don't know where the bike is at because it's been "taken off property" and we've got a big problem with that. No time have I ever known NHRA keeping anything more than a day after a wreck and why they would want to keep Angie's bike after a wreck is puzzling to me. A Pro Mod crashed yesterday and it was released to the team last night.

If anyone can help us locate this bike...we've asked NHRA for reasoning and all they have said is "legal" with no other explanations beyond that.

I have tried calling the president of the NHRA, Glen Cromwell, and I have received no return phone call. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I was told we could get the bike after POMONA. This is not the time to confiscate bikes for long periods of time when we are in the heat of a championship battle and we could very well use the salvageable parts from the crash for our bikes. Parts alone are hard to get quickly right now. My wife is in a lot of pain right now and this is just adding to it.

-Matt

IMG_9725.jpeg

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time