Originally Posted by Andrewh
so my MIL can't isn't allowed to drive anymore. But they can't get rid of the car or it will upset her, as she is starting to get dementia, and changes just upset her.
They let the car sit so long the battery is dead.
In Texas the car gets inspected once a year or you can't register it.
but if the battery is dead, it makes it think you reset codes, and it won't let you get inspected till you drive some unspecified amount for the computer to think it is ok.
I would rather have the car on a charger, so it doesn't get to that state again.
But the car has to stay undrivable in case she tries to drive it.
2016 Camry.
I can't think of anything off hand.
it is coil on plug, so removing all 6 coils is too much, especially for the back ones.
is there something simple to pull?
I guess the fuel pump relay?
is there a better choice?

Andrewh,
having gone thru this personally, be patient and try to be one step ahead. it's an uphill battle and Dementia flat out sucks. I pray for your MIL and your family. My dad would always ask over and over how his material things were and where they were at. never how people were doing. But man could he still tell stories from 40 years ago and paint the picture of the conversation with a very vivid memory (Crazy as it was).
I miss my Dad every day, and yes I talk and think to him daily.
Blessings to you and your family.

my thought would be to pull a few fuses or maybe make a tire or two flat and procrastinate fixing them. that was one thing we did for my dad.

Thank you
Kiddart