Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
After you get done checking things over and making whatever changes you deem necessary.........
“What I would do” is prime the system with a drill prior to fire up.
Run the motor for as long as necessary to make there are no leaks, etc.
After you shut it down.......let it sit at least a day.
Then re-prime with a drill and see how long it takes to build pressure. It should be almost instantly.
After you get it to where it passes that test, I’d fire it up again, run for a few minutes....shut down let sit for a day again.

Now, prime with accusump...........then re-test with the drill.
This test is to insure using the accusump doesn’t back feed the pump prime back thru the hoses/filter and into the pan.
You’re looking to see that after using the accusump that there is zero delay in building pressure when running the drill.

Thanks Dwayne for the pattern to try. I plan on first looking at the roller lifter on # 6 cylinder, as the lash has opened up .002 or .003. All others were within .0005, and number six rocker assembly checked out good along with the pushrods and adjusters.
So my to do list now is check #6 intake roller lifter, pull the oil pump and inspect, and pull the pan and clean that up as well as check the swinging pickup, and check bearings. I need to track down where all that junk in the oil came from .If I am missing anything, let me know, folks!

Last edited by gregsdart; 09/10/23 01:22 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky