John, it doesn't matter what you put in the ad because people don't read, don't comprehend & don't care. Same goes for responding to an idiotic seller. hammer

Here's a conversation I just had about a week ago.....

I’m trying to find a new aluminum gutter for the front of the house and having a tough time locating a supplier that isn’t too far away. There were few photos from the posted ad on Facebook marketplace. All it says is Beacon, NY which is close to me so I send a message asking about purchasing one gutter.

Me: “Hi there, I saw your ad & wondering if you sell seamless gutters in specific lengths? I am in need of a 6" K gutter in Musket Brown that's 20 feet long with one set of left & right end caps, one outlet, two "A" elbows, & one leader pipe. I am in Newburgh, NY & can pick this up. Thanks, Bob.”

The mentally challenged seller: “Yes, are you interested?”

(Wanted to reply with sarcasm but I didn’t)

Me: “Do you have a showroom? Saturday Hours?”

The mentally challenged seller: “Yes”

(Holding back now!!)

Me: “What do I need to do to purchase? Can I get your address? Hours? Cash? Credit?”

The mentally challenged seller: “What do you need to buy?”

Me: “A casket, a tarp, duct tape and a sledge hammer.”

The mentally challenged seller: “I don't understand what you are wanting to buy.”

Me: “ I described what I wanted in the very first message and listed everything that I needed. What I don’t understand is how you can advertise something allegedly for sale, “gutters” and not once did you give me any useful information. No address, no way to contact you except for this useless facebook marketplace. We’re done here.”

The mentally challenged seller: “New Castle building supply White Plains”

Me: “White Plains is not anywhere near Beacon, NY as stated in your ad. Good luck selling your stuff.”