Originally Posted by migsBIG
Originally Posted by poorboy
Its still a Vette system (or pretends to be), one of 3 or 4 different versions, none of which impress me enough to install under a different vehicle. I would probably be way less impressed with a system that has been narrowed to "fit" more vehicles .I've seen enough poorly designed "kits" to not have a desire to look at another one, let alone do the work required to make most of these "kits" function.

I've modified frames and bolted the old Mopar cross torsion bar cradle onto different vehicles back when that was the thing to do, as well as more then a few other specially built cradles that were suppose to bolt onto your existing frame. In most cases, you cut off the existing front (or rear) frame, and build something to hold the cradle.

The OP asked what we knew. I've responded. I've actually done this stuff with vehicles that have actually been driven, and have been called in to help several get a "kit" to go down the road safely.

Its a lot of work for the small amount of improvement you probably wouldn't notice, unless your taking up road racing or parking lot timed events. For something street driven, those fancy sub frames only add to the cost for very little (if any) noticeable improvement.

The reason I was considering the vette kit was:
Ease of instillation.
Parts availability.
Functionality.
Upgradable components.

All work for the next two years has to be farmed out, so anything that does not more than basic work will be going to a shop. If I could afford to buy a whole frame done and slide it under, I would do it. This is a viable option for me.

Speaking only of the rear, years back, I had a C3 & C4 rear IRS on the shelf for a similar project, other than bragging rights, it was not a worthy upgrade IMO. My current path is a CTSV IRS, with some easy beefy upgrades to quell wheel hop issues, swap to Coilovers, and a complete center replacement with a full size IRS QC. For IFS I would just go with the Morrison offering.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.