well it sat a few days waiting on his insurance to come look at it and they decided not to show up so I went to try cleaning it up and it was more or less dried and no longer sticky but water just beaded up on it and gasoline just kind of did nothing, took a phone call and did some other stuff and came back to it a couple hours later and the one I tried cleaning with gas was sticky again so I repeated the experiment and it gets sticky again after letting fresh gas sit on it a while then wipes out pretty easy with more fresh gas on a rag. There is a tiny bit of oil film from normal PCV operation that may be what makes the water bead up on it if it is indeed sugar. As an experiment I also threw some sugar in a plastic bottle with fresh gas (87 octane may contain up to 10% ethanol from my lawn mower gas can) to see what would happen and a little bit of it but not all dissolved after a few days, just gonna throw it up on the shelf with the old fuel system parts soaking in e-85 for 15+ years and see if it eventually dissolves all of it or not.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!