It's-a me, it only took a few more months for my 130k 1967 727 to start slipping in 3rd since I asked about odd behavior several weeks ago. I got away with a broken clutch friction disk (found in pan) for a little bit.

I am trying to figure out what I ought to replace with the kits + optional add-on parts available out there. It is still going to be behind a Magnum 318, likely still stock, maybe a mild cam in the future. I have had an auto trans apart once before but never a 727 so I am a bit blind, though I do know these things aren't terribly complicated to rebuild.

I've looked at a lot of different rebuild kits & sellers and Oregon Performance Transmission seems to have the best selector at least for picking out parts, maybe if not best parts outright. Can you guys advise if I'm selecting the right parts or if there are "while I'm in there" parts that really should be replaced that are missing?

https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/product/OPT-A727-RB.html

Master kit includes:

Friction clutch plates
Internal fluid filter
Intermediate kickdown band
Pump bushing
Output shaft bushing
All rubber clutch piston seals
All paper gaskets
All O-rings
All metal clad seals
Teflon and steel sealing rings

I assume it would be wise to add on a new low/reverse band, steel clutch plates, and a full kit of thrust washers and bushings given the mileage on my trans. Are any of these unnecessary or am I still missing anything else? Are any of these parts a particular PITA to R&R for an amateur garage dork?

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s