All I can say is I used a 77 or 78 9 1/4 out of a full sized truck under the rear of my 39 pickup that sat on a 91 Dakota frame. It was fender less with 8" wide steel slots off a 70s Dodge truck. With the Dakota 8 1/4" rear the tires did not claret the bed sides.. (pic with the full sized rear end).

The Dakota 9 1/4 were all 6 lug wheels, so as far as I know, the only 5 lug axles for a Dakota 9 1/4 would have been in the mid 2006 or 7 vintage, and those had a different bolt pattern then the 5 bolt full sized trucks were. Early Dakota trucks (88-96) had a 4" narrower wheel track then a full size truck of the same model years. The 97 and newer Dakota trucks got a wider wheel track, but that may have only been because of the wheels that were used. The las edition of Dakotas got 5 lug wheels with a different wheel bolt pattern, who knows where Dodge came up with that bolt pattern, or why.

By "offset" I am assuming the OP is concerned about the position of the pinion shaft for comparisons to the length of the left side axle and the length of the right side axle.

P1010217.JPGP1010230.JPGP1010213.JPG