...assuming you do not wear them out first!!! LOL

I'm not talking about the regular daily driver stuff here, rather the "weekend toy", you know: the thing that gets at most a couple of thousand of miles a year.

The following are the tires which were purchased back in 2008 and actually started to be used in about 2012:

1) REAR - Nitto - NT555R , 275/60R15 107V
2) FRONT - Yokohama - Avid S/T, 235/60R15 98T

The regular mfg. recommendation is: do not let the tires get over 10 yrs. in age. The rubber deteriorates, cracks show up, etc., etc....which is what I watch for in our family daily rides.

However, this is different.

With these things not exactly being cheap I do not want to spend the $$$ on unless it's necessary. But...given that I am way past the industry recommendation here as far as tire expectancy goes I have that nagging feeling like I should bite the bullet here: safety first!

Car is stored in the garage at all times, not temp controlled - although house attached so it never gets below 10C, but at least away from the sunlight and more extreme changes. Tires still "look like new", but I know there is more to it as far as compound chemistry and materials aging goes.

So is this the industry 'speak/marketing' getting to me, or is this the right time to caugh up the dough for new rubbers?

Thanks everyone!