When I had the trans pan off my RE46, I installed a trans drain. For the last few months its been marking its spot in the garage because the drain plug is leaking. Its something I would address when I drain the fluid the next time, it really isn't anything serious, but it was the cause of my screw up.

I need to know how bad I messed up.

The trans has 9 quarts of AFT+4 in it. I checked it the other day, and it was just about down to the add line, so I grabbed what I thought was a quart of AFT+4, and added about 2- 3 ounces of fluid to the trans. It turned out, what I added was not the ATF+4, but was synthetic 5W 20 motor oil in a similar color bottle. That motor oil bottle was full, and there is only 2 to 3 ounces out of it.

Can/will those 2-3 ounces of synthetic motor mixed with 8 1/2 quarts of ATF+ 4 going to harm this trans? If there is concern, I'll dump the fluid, change the filter, and add fresh ATF+4, but if the consensus is it won't cause any problem, I would rather wait until next spring to dump the $100+ worth of ATF when its closer to the ATF's normal change time frame.

What do you guys think?