Originally Posted by topside
The '68-'69 B-bodies (I don't recall my '70) with shoulder belts had a male buckle at the sun visor for that belt; the female end clamps onto it. The snap & elastic was intended to keep tension on the belt when it wasn't being used to keep it close to the headliner.
The later/improved 3-belt integrated setup made that unnecessary.
A buddy has an aftermarket 3-point setup in his Dart, and it's pretty lame: big retractor, and uses a straight extension bracket to reach the OEM mounting at the rocker panel.
So, the retractor flops around, and I doubt that extension is sufficiently strong.
The retractor's too big, and it uses a GM-style buckle.
I've looked around on the web for a better aftermarket setup but haven't found anything that I know would fit properly and eliminate that extension.
Seems to me the best setup would be a later-model OEM 3-point with a smaller retractor, and likely relocating its mounting on the rocker.
If anyone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it.

That’s the deal, belt plugs in at visor. There are quite a few belts for sale that do not have the string. How do you figure out what you should have? Did the bench seat cars need a longer belt so that created the string situation?

I want my fair share