When I installed a set of Indy EZ-1 cylinder heads (w/ max wedge intake ports) on my 440, I had a lot of problems with push rod clearance around the push rod hole when using Comp's 829 solid roller lifters. I felt that some of the issues could be helped with offset intake lifters (like bowtie engines use), but instead, I grinded on the heads until the clearance was "somewhat acceptable", but I still really don't like it. So the engine has sat covered up while I was busy with other stuff. Until this week. A customer brought me a engine to freshen up. It's a 400 block w/ some modifications (including bushed lifter bores), 4.400 bore, 4.150 stroke, Indy 440-1 heads, solid roller cam and SURPRISE!, COMP CAMS offset intake lifters. This engine has been together for over 15 years and in and out of several of his cars, so not ran continually for all this time.
When I measured the offset, I come up with .175" offset, so I stuck one in my engine to see what it looked like. It looks like this is what MY engine needs, but when I try to find this offset in a Comp lifter, all I can come up with is a .210" offset (and the push rod seat height raised .120"). Have the Comp's w/ .175" offset been discontinued, or were these for a bowtie engine, or am I missing something here? I also see the Isky 3772LO180 that is offset .180", but with a push rod seat height of 2.04"?
Those of you that run Indy Cyl Heads w/ max wedge ports, what solid roller lifters do you use? Brand, offset, seat height, ect.?

Thanks, Brian

Last edited by '72CudaRacer; 07/15/23 04:11 PM.