Originally Posted by Stanton
The only comments that bother me are from the "original factory color" purists. And if I didn't reply to some of the comments, how would you know I'm even reading them. But honestly, there are quite a few people who just can't think outside the box. And FWIW, "Zippy" has probably provided the most valuable comment of all. Those photos really do a pretty good job of showing what it might look like.

Hey what the heck is wrong with Y2? (just joking) I like the Pontiac (G8?) orange color I posted, mostly because of the "flop" to a sort of burnt orange (like on the fender flare area) and other areas it highlights. Back in 1980 when I was kind of pushed into selling my '69 Road Runner in F5 that I ordered new in 1969 (long story) I sold it to a friend that worked at a body shop. It was pretty cool what he did to it. The F5 had sort of a gold metallic in it (IMO) and he took and misted the front fender and rear quarter raised body lines in gold metallic and slightly or subtly the C-pillar and a few other areas but you had to look closely to spot where he had done that. It was real nicely done as it popped at times and at other times you barely noticed what was done. Anyway, here's my Y2 GTX and I did have for a while a '69 Y2 Road Runner project that maybe I should have kept and painted that G8 ORANGE metallic. wink up

DSC04676A.jpg