Long winded.
Took my stocker 69, 340 4spd dart swinger daily driver to our annual mopar day yesterday. I thought I would post my epic results. This thing has drove 16hr round trip and is my total driver. So, it’s not as fast as it should be for for drivability reasons cam, clutch combo etc etc. Have put 21k miles on it in 4yrs. Combo is a stock wore out bore, stock stroke, x heads that were only gasket matched. Has a crappy hydro comp street cam, Ld 340, 750dp. Works good to drive but wouldn’t rev like I want. Xe 275 comp cam, have tried everything under the sun to make it rev, 3 sets of valve spring combos, strip dominator etc and it was over it at 6k. Keep in mind I know what it wants for a cam but again, street car not my race car. Ran a 12.84@107.10 best after 3yrs of mopar nationals races and is fairly scienced out. This thing has factory non-hardened seats and are old, worn and need rebuilt. I decided instead of re-doing those, I would buy some new alum heads. I bought some eddy heads, I tubed the pushrod holes, then sent them to my buddy to port, still 2.02 valves, not a full tilt job... had another buddy help me fix the crap valve job. Went to the track yesterday and ripped off a 12.23@111.69, I expected half that gain and to say I was elated is an understatement, it revs up now too. I thought I would share my finding. Not touching a screw besides the heads and picking up that much. Not very often a person goes to the ticket booth and is rewarded with that kind of gain from my experience.