Originally Posted by Moparite
I have Rancho 5000's on my truck since i got it(on the second pair now) They are ok but i will go with Bilstein next time i replace shocks. Depends on what you drive and the road conditions. Here the roads are worse than "off road". They replace roads that are really not that bad and do nothing to the ones that desperately need it. They paint new lines on roads with tons of patches and cracks. Also replace the curb's and walkways instead of the road surface. Typical waste of the tax payers dollar. realcrazy

link

Sounds like you must also be from Illinois with your description of how they decide which roads get attention and which don't.

I ended up getting the ranchos, I've put those on for customers before but have never tried them myself on my own rides before. For me it was between those and the tried and true Gabriel ultra's. In this case I need them for a 12 ram 1500 2wd. Basically a former Fastenal truck. I do pull a camper with it a few times a year, usually from 75-200 miles per trip, alot of "commuting" type driving and some Menards runs. I noticed last time I pulled the camper how bad the originals are, but the back end is bottoming out even with no trailer and an empty bed.
I also just spent the money on new michelins which cost me more for 2 than I have ever spent for 4 tires in the past. (And these aren't my 1st michelins over the years)

And a PSA PLEASE GET RID OF THE DAMN INFO LINKS! I have ad blockers and even "Duck Duck Go" which worked for a few months but they're getting past those once again. I DON'T come to Moparts for ads!!!!!