Originally Posted by FJ6AAR
While we're on the topic, it was my understanding that dana 60 cars did not receive the rear sway bar because it would not clear the dana? Any truth to this?

Yep - truth. NO Dana cars got the rear bars. SUPPOSEDLY, all 1970 340 & 383 Cudas got the F&R bars. T/A's & AAR's all should have been equipped with them. *My first car that I bought in July 1976 was a 1970 340 Cuda that I bought from the original owner - he ordered it & it was an early production car - it DID NOT have the rear sway bar. I bought a new one from my local dealer but never installed it, so it is on my AAR now. (my AAR had been drag raced from around 1977-1982 when it was finally parked & has not been on the road since - the rear bar was missing). Also I have an old article from 1969 in one of the car mags about the new Cudas, & in the article it specifically mentioned the Cudas that got rear sway bars - 340's & 383's. The article claimed that Chrysler engineers "did not equip big block E-Bodies with the rear bars because in hard cornering, they would skitter off the track tail first" if equipped with them. So peculiarly enough, we saw NO 1971 Roadrunners, GTX's, or performance Chargers with the rear bars, but saw ALL these performance models in 1972-4 get them.

So, big question for the 1972 440 4-speed GTX's & Charger Rallyes - did the Dana cars in 1972 have the rear sway bars?

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified