Quote:

Quote:

So my new 340 decided to do the unthinkable...bent valve?? Thats my only guess.

Question #1: Will poor oiling to the top end contribute to a bent valve? I have oil to 6 of my 8 rockers(passenger side). Oil does make it to the other 2 but no where near as much. Very slight. What would cause this??

Question #2: If the cam bearing was improperly installed would I have any oil at all to the right side? The left side lubes up just fine.Probably not. Especially if you have six that are ok.

Question #3: Will bending a valve ruin the seat? Or can I just replace the valve if no damage was done to the piston/walls.

All other cylinders have 150 psi and all the rockers move as they should. I watched them to make sure the are all moving the same distance up and down.

Thanks for taking time to read my post and any info is greatly appreciated.

I would say if you have oil to the rest of the rockers on that side you have an obstruction in the shaft.
Pull the plugs out of the shaft and clean it up. Lots of luck with the bent valve. Guide possibly seized the stem. That's be my guess too. Expecially if a valve has a lot of lash. Probably damaging the piston along with the valve and guide and very possibly the seat. Depends. I would never try to put in a new valve with out at least touching up the valve on valve refacer to check for true. I would also make sure to lap the valve in and see where it is seating. Don't try to cut corners. Without a doubt.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".