Originally Posted by Mopar_Mike
Just emailed Brewers about any possible solutions.. but, if I decided to go with the making the bell housing hole bigger, what would be involved. Could any engine builder/machine shop do it? Is it costly? would I ever be able to use the original smaller retainer transmission again?

Making the bellhousing hole bigger would require I believe also relocating the the clutch fork pivot over as it is very close the the hole, this may also require a different fork to go with that? I would have a machine shop do it , costly , probably but you got it ... devil .

You would be able to use your other transmission with just a bearing retainer swap or an adapter ring to fill the hole back in.

The big block A body uses the same bell, I want run a hemi 4 speed in my dart but didn't want to modify my original bellhousing so after doing some comparing it looks like the 70/up 130 tooth BB alum bellhousing is a copy of the 67 cast iron with a larger bearing retainer hole.

The other thing you could do is put the guts of your trans into a small bearing case, it's not very hard to do, though the OD trans went to the 308 front bearing for a reason?

running up my post count some more .