Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by Neil
Single make shows and clubs seem to be on the slow slide down. Our Mopars Unlimited Club died years ago. Turnout declined and then that was that. All makes shows with a low, or no entry fee at all, and a relaxed atmosphere are the only ones we have left that are still able to draw a lot of cars consistently. The high $$$ value of some of the older cars is definitely causing people to leave them tucked away, and some of the most valuable ones are being trailered to and from shows instead of being driven. I get that to a point as traffic is full of cell phone zombies who drive with no respect towards others.

It's not just Mopar guys either. Many people who own a vintage Mustang or Vette also own a new one and drive the new one instead. I don't understand why you would want to drive a basically stock contemporary muscle car to a weekend car show when you have an old one sitting at home. It's never going to get any real attention like the old ones do that is for sure.

I think that the value of the older cars is one of the main reasons.
If you're lucky you will see them at local shows, but they don't want to put miles and wear and tear on their investment.
It's no longer just a car to go out and have fun driving.

That sucks big time. Everyone should be out driving or even flogging their cars. This investment crap is killing the hobby and the future interest in these cars. I am bummed to see people are so afraid and uptight to drive their cars because of possibly devaluing a "investment". Have good insurance and enjoy your car....we only get one go at it.

Last edited by TX9H6E4CUDA; 06/04/23 05:20 PM.

For the absolute best powder coating go to J.I.T powder coating, contact infomation is in my personal profile..