Originally Posted by 360view

The Master’s student did have a dyno measuring the output of his little CFR engine with one cylinder and whose side valve head design is about as far from “modern race engine” as one can imagine.

The idea that he was also so clueless that he hooked up 16 spark plugs to a single ignition coil so as to create 16 parallel electrical circuits with lower ohms of circuit resistance says more about Sniper’s view of reality than even I previously suspected.

There were 16 separate ignition systems to insure each spark was equivalent.
But the sparks were not anywhere near “optimum” combustion chamber locations, especially spark locations 5 through 16.
Imagine drilling and tapping 16 holes without having a crack run from one close hole to another.

Give the little CFR engine with its variable compression ratio its due respect though.
It was used to discover Octane, Triptane, Tetra-Ethyl Lead and other “Octane Rating Improvement Additives”
At one time these were valuable “Military Advantages.”
MIT PhD student Col Jimmy Dolittle used 130 Octane Rating Triptane aviation fuel during his bomber raid on Tokyo.

Did this student go onto a job with Chrysler/Ford/General Motors/Other where he designed, built, and dyno tested engines?
I do not know but I would not be surprised if he did.

The cluelessness is your assumption he used 16 separate ignition systems. You claim chit without sourcing and try to come off as oh so superior when called on it, lol.

Care to talk about wasted spark systems? that have parallel paths to ground and what that does to resistance?