Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I'm getting ready to get my feet wet on Gen 3 hemi motors, probably a 6.4 out of a wreck or burnt up pick up. I've owned and race both gen 1 and Gen 2, no gen 3 yet.
I'm planning on putting the motor and trans. in a 1967 Plymouth Satellite with the stock EFI setup and auto trans starting later this year or early next year depending on how and when I find the parts, I have no real world hands on experience yet with EFI and computer control tranny. help luckthis is a going to be a learning experience so all help is appreciated bow up
Is the 8 speed auto tranny the best choice for this project? If not which one would you choose, I have a clean slate so all options are on the table up How do I identify the motors and tranny to make sure I get what I'm trying to buy?
What are the years to look for and buy the 6.4 motors and 8 speed trannys ?
Is it best to try and use the stock wiring harnesses and controller or buy and use custom after market parts?
Thanks in advance for all the help your offering! bow

I know that the stock 6.4 uses only ONE narrow band o2 sensor, that makes it useless in my opinion, Holley has a good wide band set up for the gen 3 hemi

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5