I've been going to the Spring Fling since 2001. I make their fall show maybe 1/3 of the time but rarely miss the Spring show.
I used to stay at the Holiday Inn Express off of Roscoe and 405 but some time around 2010, I started staying at the Air-Tel. I liked that they had a gated parking lot and really liked that there were guests there that had cars that were going to be in the show. This gave people a chance to have some one on one time with the owners as compared to the show where people often wander away from their cars.
The facility isn't ideal and for me, never has been. The sound of the airplanes taking off can be distracting but the hotel is close to Woodley Park. I never used the pool. I don't drink so I didn't go to the bar. Up until a few years ago, the overnight stay included breakfast. That changed but the price wasn't too bad and the food was good.
This year, there was no gate security. No restaurant and very few guests with classic cars, myself included! I hope that things improve for next year.
I understand that they had a major disruption so I cannot fault them for the situation.