Very interesting thread. Couple things i find really interesting : Airflow testing is done primarily dry. Velocities and Volumes change not only with lift, duration etc but also with humidity,temps, fuel loading, change of state of fuel =mixture and where in the airflow fuel loading takes place. Porter/Vizard/Kaase/Shaw and others have touched on this some but, i personally have seen nothing exhaustive on it and, its fascinating to me.
I would love to see some "live" flow data on port injection and what happens to air flow when suddenly running into/picking up high density fuel from injectors .
Airflow is,,, difficult. Even in hvac its difficult and,,,,odd. Return air is more efficient with flew, air supply is far more efficient with hard duct and, all airflow is effected by humidity, particulate.
I have a friend that specializes in filtration/ hvac airflow as well as filtration for extraction of precious metals in industry all the way down to your local jeweler that does jewel repair, custom work - you would be amazed how much gold, silver, platinum etc is extracted from air filtration at a even places that make gold and silver crowns for teeth! At any rate, its a critical area in industry down to jewelry and dentistry and "airflow loading " is a really big subject . He finds our world very interesting as with N/A we are dealing with fuel "change of state" and that change of state has a direct effect on velocity and flow numbers. add to that reversion, time, lifts etc and- well, its an amazing subject.