wave Hi JD , Just Serviced a 1998 9.25 Axle last week . There was SO much RTV oozing around the cover , I knew it was going to be BAD . 3 Colors of RTV , Black , Greay , and Final was Red . The Cover Bolt Holes were SO packed , that HALF the Cover bolts had 1/16" between the Bolt head and the Cover , and Bolts were SO tight to prevent Leaks or Weeping , that the Bolts were Ready to Snap Off ! Plus the Rocket Scientist that Did the Job before Me , Threw away the GOOD MOPAR Cover Plug , Part # 52070428AA , and Installed some Chinese JUNK Dorman Plug Part # 65340 . The Dorman Plug has HALF the Rubber Thickness , and WRONG Durometer , It's TOO Soft and Mushy VS the Mopar PLUG . Plus the Dorman Plug "Nipple" that Snaps into Rear Cover , and keeps it from Falling Out is Also NOT as Strong or as Well Built to REALLY HOLD , as the Mopar Plug . Especially when Gear Oil gets to 200 Degrees ! I knew when the Dorman Plug was RTV'd all over the OUTSIDE to Keep it from Falling Off and Glued into Place , I was In TROUBLE ! Hardest part of Job was digging 3 Layers of RTV out of Bolt Holes . NO RTV for Me . FEL-PRO Gasket Only . And I Had an Extra MOPAR 52070428AA Cover Plug , Made in USA to put in his hand , to compare the Junk China Mada , Dorman Cover Plug . drive and Wiping and Cleaning the MAGNET in the bottom of the Case was SIMPLE , with NO Cover in the Way ! . Take Cover OFF , and Do Job Right . wrench Ronnie