Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
In Illinois you can legally remove a VIN tag and reattach it afterwards for restoration purposes, we had the Secretary of State Police come to the shop and asked the question and did it while they were there, afterwards we just did it without them there several times. We are not backasswards like Pennsyltucky... wave

Unless you had the entire Secretary of State Police Force there, you could still have problems. We have on numerous occasions had one officer say one thing and then have another say something different. confused

We had the SofS come in and try and confiscate a dash that was not on a body because we didn't have a car that matched that particular VIN. I had to explain to them it was off a 67 Dart and the VIN is not on the body anywhere else until 1969 except the engine and trans in 1968. They ended up bringing over more of the inspectors and I taught them about the earlier Mopars and SO numbers. I am sure that info has been lost now. And yes, I know all about Illinoise, thank God I am out of here this year... luck

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!