These were dyno results from yesterday for a friends 572 Wedge with Indy 440-1 heads and Indy single plane intake. APD 1250 race gas dominator. Tim Bowman at Bowman Performance built the engine. The dyno used was at Savani Machine in Mckeesport, PA. I do not post much on here but I figure this would be worth posting since dyno results are a popular topic.

This is the best pull we had on the engine. Early on, we dealt with some small issues with the dyno's water system so we spent a good bit of time trying to deal with that. Tim feels there is more left on the table with some tuning based on the Air Fuel Ratio and Brake Specific Fuel Consumption. He has extensive experience with an engine dyno as he was an instructor at Wyotech for over a decade.

After this pull, I wanted to pull it to 7400 and see where the power starts to taper off. Of course, the next pull we made, the freshly rebuilt Meziere water pump quit working and naturally we lost power.

The only change we were able to make before calling it a day was going from a 1" HVH spacer to a 2" HVH spacer. When making that change, we gained nearly 20 HP and 10 ft-lbs of torque, coming just a tick shy of 900 HP, and making 770 ft-lbs of torque, but only laboring the engine to 7100. I really wish we took that pull to 7400 to see what would have happened, but it is what it is. On the pull when we took it to 7400, but the water pump quit working, had that been a clean pull, the plan was to take some fuel out of it, make another pull, and see how it responded. But once the water pump quit, it was getting late so we called it a day. The goal was to break the engine in, make sure everything is good, and then install the engine into the car ready to rock. My goal and hopes were for 900HP and at least 750 torque. Without tuning and not pulling to where the power fell off, I would say we are close enough on the 900HP number, but far exceeded the torque goal. So mission accomplished.

Personally, I was very happy with the results. I can't wait to see what it does in the car. I'm hoping for 5.80s all day in his 68 Roadrunner. If it's consistent, he won't care if it runs 6.0s. Car used to be pretty heavy with iron block, concrete filled, iron heads, two batteries, chrome bumper, steel flat hood. I believe it was 3700-3725 race ready. With the diet we put it on, hoping to get it under 3400, but we will see. We plan to scale the car after its race ready and hopefully make it to MIR or somewhere in the month of march depending on weather and how far he wants to go. Fingers crossed.

John, this outta get interesting. lol.

IMG_0901.jpg