Maybe Legendary and the customers should do photo exchanges before any orders are finalized? Customer sends photos or maybe even samples to Legendary and Legendary sends back photos of the materials and pattern and layout of what they are going to use. For my '68 RR with a two-tone green interior at first the got the two-tone wrong with the lighter green in the center of the door and rear panels backwards. Then when I received the bench seat and rear seat covers the originals had a darker green top on both front and rear seats. They said they have never seen this so I sent them photos of the originals and two others I bought at swap meets. Then when the car was sitting waiting for some other things the center of the rear side panels started to un-attach itself from the panel from I assume sun heat. They replaced all of the door and rear panels FOC as the fronts were showing the delamination too but the replacement panels they sent were once again backwards with the lighter green in the middle/center. They were very responsive with making it right and covering (pun) all of the issues but that was back in 2003/2004 don't know how they are now? Have only used Legendary for all of my Mopars and they were always great to work with. Hopefully they will work things out with the OP's issues.

Mike