I am working on the 1977 Gran Fury 2 door, my drivers door will not open or unlock if the manual lock button is used to lock the door. It takes 10 or so minutes of using the key, wiggling the latch handle, and pulling up repeatedly on the lock rod before the door will open again. This has happened to me twice, the first time I was lucky enough to be in the car. And with my limited mobility, and fluffyness, I am not Dukes of Hazzarding out the window. So it was a 5 or so minute ordeal getting myself out the passenger side while holding a dog leash in one hand.

SO... I have been searching for a 2dr latch to clean and work over on a bench before taking the car in to have it replaced. But the only latch in me price range was a used front drivers door latch, which has a slightly different lockrod actuator location, I figured I could either transfer from my existing if it was serviceable, or modify/fab a lockrod.

But the other option here is to just not have an interior door lock. Just delete the lock rod from the equation. As that is the only item that has caused an issue.

I can use the door key to lock and unlock the door. It works flawlessly as long as no one touches the inside door lock.

Is there any reason why removing the interior lock option would be an issue?

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!